- 1 lb. large (16-20) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3 teaspoons MinkDog’s Hampton Boil Spice Blend
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thin
- ¼ cup white wine
- Zest and juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup Italian parsley picked from the stem
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- Salt to taste
Hampton’s Garlic Butter Shrimp
Shrimp is not only one of the most versatile kinds of seafood out there, but it’s also easy to prepare. It only takes a few minutes to cook these little guys to perfection. The challenging part is coming up with the perfect seasoning blend.
But you don’t have to be well seasoned in your experience with seasonings to craft a Michelin star-worthy dish. All you need are some ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen and our smokey, citrusy MinkDog’s Hampton Boil Spice Blend to really pimp your shrimp.
The best part? The whole thing comes together in just 25 minutes, and most of that time is just waiting for the shrimp to marinate. That leaves you plenty of time to take a quick nap or toast some sourdough to soak up all that garlicky, buttery sauce. What’s better than that?
- Combine shrimp, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 2 teaspoons of MinkDog’s Hampton Boil in a bowl and let marinate for up to 20 minutes.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium/high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Once the butter has melted, add your shrimp and sliced garlic. Cook for about one minute on each side.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and deglaze with white wine. We suggest cooking with a wine that you actually like to drink, but any dry white would work well here. Let the wine reduce down to about half.
- Return your shrimp and garlic to the pan and lower the heat. Continue cooking for one minute, then remove from heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 teaspoon of MinkDog’s Hampton Boil, parsley, and lemon zest.
- To serve, add a drizzle of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt.
The unique blend of aromatic cardamom combined with lemon complements the sweet and salty flavors of the shrimp. It’s the highest honor for a crustacean of any caliber.
When life gives you lemons, you make a seafood dish. This spice blend is also the perfect companion for everything under the sea, from crab cakes to roasted halibut, helping you bring your surf to a truly sensational level.
This garlic butter shrimp will pair well with MinkDog’s Fennel Pepper Rice, a mixed green salad, or spring asparagus fresh from the garden. You can even take your plating game up a notch by cooking your shrimp on a skewer and serving them as a fancy kabob. The world is truly your oyster… or shrimp.