- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes
- Baking spray
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup water
- 2 teaspoons MinkDog’s Smoked Salt - Divided
Smokey French Fries
If anyone ever tells you that they don’t like french fries, you have two options. One is to run the other way and never look back. The other (preferred) method is to make these Smokey French Fries Wedges to help them gain some new perspective.
This recipe has everything you love about thick, crispy steak-cut fries, and enhances them with the artisanal finishing of Mink Dog’s Smoked Salt. We take our french fries very seriously at Mink Dog Manor, so we promise that this signature seasoning is sure to enhance everything you love about Yukon Golds.
As with anything, these fries have their pros and cons. The good news is that they’re insanely easy to make and take only 10 minutes to prep, so you can make them whenever. The bad news is that they’re insanely easy to make, so you may be eatinga lotof fries in the near future. Sorry, not sorry.
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 425F and place the rack on the lowest level. Spray the cooking sheet with baking spray. Then add 3 teaspoons of vegetable oil, spread evenly.
- Cut 2 lbs. of Yukon Gold potatoes first in half lengthwise, then into ¼-inch thick planks.
- Mix 3 teaspoons of cornstarch with ¾ cup water and microwave for 1-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the slurry is thickened.
- Toss the potatoes and 1 teaspoon of MinkDog’s Smoked Salt in the slurry until evenly coated. Then spread evenly on a baking sheet, so none of the fries are touching.
- Cover the baking sheet with greased aluminum foil and place it in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove the foil and continue browning for 10-18 minutes, then flip the potatoes and brown the other side for another 10-18 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle on the remaining Mink Dog’s Smoked Salt while hot. Toss, then blot quickly with a paper towel.
It probably took you longer to read through the recipe than it did to whip these things up. These Smokey French Fries are the absolute perfect side to classics like burgers, hot dogs, or beer-battered haddock.
You can also just eat these fries as a main dish by turning them into nachos with some shredded cheese and bacon bits... or just dip them into your sauce of choice. We honestly dare you to find something youcan’tdo with these versatile wedges.
And if you’ve got any MinkDog’s Smoked Salt left after sprinkling it all over these fries, add it to pretty much everything you whip up throughout the day. Crispy pizza? Salt. A warm chocolate chip cookie? Salt. Using this showstopper seasoning is the only excuse you’ll have to be salty in the kitchen.